[Fwd: Re: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS Backups]

Thomas Smith theitsmith@gmail.com
Thu, 17 Mar 2011 00:02:40 -0700

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Rich Sudlow <rich@nd.edu> wrote:

> Here at Notre Dame (CRC) we use Teradactyl with a Sony
> Petasite -
> pro.sony.com/bbsccms/assets/files/cat/datastorage/articles/notredame.pdf
>
> Not sure why anyone would want to use anything other than Teradactyl.

Teradactyl is _very_ expensive, cost prohibitively so for many. (I
recently looked at it as a potential replacement [for consolidation]
for my current backup systems--BackupAFS and Zmanda.)

I've been using BackupAFS for a few months now and it is working
pretty well. The initial setup is a bit involved--but once it's up and
running, it pretty much just works. Definitely worth a look.