[OpenAFS] AFS client -> Windows server w/AD & KDC -> Linux AFS servers

Mickey Lane mlane@sinenomine.net
Thu, 26 May 2011 08:43:03 -0500

Lars Schimmer wrote:

> I know it works on Win 20008 Standard, but I do run 2008R2 for AD
> services including krb5 auth for users on linux clients.
> My selfnotes are here to be read:
> http://129.27.218.77/afs/howto.afs.ad.2008.txt
>=20

I have seen this document. It mentions "Server 2003 SP2" in the first few
lines so I didn't pay much attention to it as I was/am interested in Server
2008 (not-R2).

Under the section for 2008 R2, the instruction to add a registry value
KdcUseRequestedEtypesForTicket definitely helped with the encryption types
on Server 2008 (not-R2).

Now I appear to have kvno issues again. On both Linux and Windows clients:

C:\OpenAFS>kvno host/server64.mickeylane.com
host/server64.mickeylane.com@MICKEYLANE.COM: kvno =3D 4

I use Network Identity Manager (NIM) to get credentials on a Windows 7
client.

The property page for afs/test.mickeylane.com@MICKEYLANE.COM
shows kvno #5. The page for krbtgt/MICKEYLANE.COM@MICKEYLANE.COM
shows kvno #2.