[OpenAFS] klog.krb5 incompatible with Heimdal 1.5.1?

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Thu, 13 Oct 2011 15:11:39 +0200 (CEST)

What is the name of your AFS service ticket

afs@IFH.DE
afs/ifh.de@IFH.DE
something else?

and what version number do these tickets have? Could it be that
you haver both the afs@IFH.DE and the afs/ifh.de@IFH.DE in
your KDC but only one in the AFS server?

What does the KDC log say when you compare

> [oreade38] ~ % klog.krb5
> Password for ahaupt@IFH.DE:
> klog: ticket contained unknown key version number Can't get your viceid for cell ifh.de

with

> [oreade38] ~ % klog.krb5 -tmp
> Password for ahaupt@IFH.DE:
> Wrote ticket file to /tmp/krb5cc_yF6bKY

? I guess the KDC does deny something in the first operation.

I tried to read the source code of klog.c , but was a bit turned down
by the use of for() { goto ; break } for most flow control....

   if (service) {
        afscred = incred;
    } else {
        for (;;writeTicketFile = 0) {
            if (writeTicketFile) {
                what = "getting default ccache";

So I have no idea what it uses as service ticket name and in which
order.

IMHO if klog.krb5's behaviour differs with and without -tmp, this is a bug of klog.krb5.

Harald.