[OpenAFS] Re: Kernel panic RHEL 5

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Sat, 15 Oct 2011 13:08:15 -0500

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 00:47:04 -0400
Jeff Blaine <jblaine@kickflop.net> wrote:

> Rebooting to single user, the insmod works fine and shows:

So, I assume the insmod always works fine, but it panics as soon as
afsd is started?

> What I can see of the panic on the console is shown in the
> screenshot here:
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15519230/panic.jpg

The more useful part is right above that. If you can't see any more
lines, you can configure the box to dump core on panic, and you (or I,
or whatever) can then get all of the messages in the dumped vmcore.

> If I build 1.4.14.1 from source, it works fine on this box
> it seems.
>
> I cannot explain how 1.4.14 is working fine on our other
> similar boxes, but not this one.

Anything different in the config on the box? (does the cache dir exist
and look the same?) The only code changes between 1.4.14 and 1.4.14.1 I
think were for Solaris and Linux 2.6.38, so nothing relevant was
_supposed_ to have changed...

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net