[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS and AD trusts

Danko Antolovic dantolov@indiana.edu
Wed, 21 Sep 2011 14:55:27 -0400

Another facet of the foreign-realm groups: when creating a foreign-realm
group, I had to give it an explicit owner.  The command  "pts
creategroup" reports the id -206 for the newly created group, and so
does  "pts  listentries"; command  "pts  examine"  shows the id -102,
and the name of the existing group system:authuser.

I had completely removed the existing prdb.DB0, and was in the process
of rebuilding it, when I noticed this anomaly. Does this mean that the
foreign-realm group is screwed up, as before, or is there something
wrong with "pts  examine" ?

Below are the instructions, in the sequence in which I issued them.

Danko

[root@afs1c afs]# pts creategroup  system:authuser@ads.iu.edu
pts: Badly formed name (group prefix doesn't match owner?) ; unable to
create group system:authuser@ads.iu.edu

[root@afs1c afs]# pts creategroup -name  system:authuser@ADS.IU.EDU
-owner  system:administrators
group system:authuser@ads.iu.edu has id -206

[root@afs1c afs]# pts  examine system:authuser
Name: system:authuser, id: -102, owner: system:administrators, creator:
system:administrators,
  membership: 0, flags: S-M--, group quota: 0.

[root@afs1c afs]# pts  examine system:authuser@ads.iu.edu
Name: system:authuser, id: -102, owner: system:administrators, creator:
system:administrators,
  membership: 0, flags: S-M--, group quota: 0.

[root@afs1c afs]# pts  listentries -groups
Name                          ID  Owner Creator
system:administrators       -204   -204    -204
system:backup               -205   -204    -204
system:anyuser              -101   -204    -204
system:authuser             -102   -204    -204
system:ptsviewers           -203   -204    -204
system:authuser@ads.iu.edu   -206   -204       2