[OpenAFS] Graphical file managers get stuck

jukka.tuominen@finndesign.fi jukka.tuominen@finndesign.fi
Sun, 9 Dec 2012 21:33:29 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

graphical file managers (nautilus & gnome-commander at least) seem to get
stuck when listing directories other than own afs-path. Fakestat is on and
it works fine with own afs-path (I suppose due to fakestat), but trying to
change it to fakestat-all didn't seem to help. Command line listing works
fine.

I'm not very familiar with openafs, so I may be making a simple mistake.

Some background info:

Ubuntu 10.04
Openafs 1.4.12 (seems to be much faster than 1.6.)

Tweaked the file: /etc/init.d/openaf-client

-fakestat  >>  -fakestat-all

Any idea how to fix this?

br, jukka