[OpenAFS] Timeouts and odd behavior with 1.6.0 file servers

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Tue, 31 Jan 2012 19:21:49 -0800

Jack Neely <jjneely@pams.ncsu.edu> writes:

> We've pushed patches to our servers to bring us up to 1.6.1pre2.
> However, we are still seeing a lot of reader_wait states and load spikes
> on our web servers.  I know this is the idledead issue now.  Is there
> anything else we can do to reduce the issue here?  (Web server afs
> clients are 1.6.0.)

Much of the idledead problem is in the client behavior.  The server is
better at coping in some ways, but you'll actually get more bang out of
upgrading the clients than the servers, I think.