[OpenAFS] Transfer rates under OpenAFS client for Windows

Danko Antolovic dantolov@indiana.edu
Thu, 5 Jul 2012 17:26:28 -0400

The parameter RxMaxMTU makes a difference: when it is set to 1024, using
Intel 82567LM NIC, network utilization is close to 100% for both reads and
writes with Windows AFS client. Thanks for the germane information, Rodney.

My system configuration: Dell Latitude, 2.53 GHz, 32-bit, 3.45 GByte RAM,
100 mbit/s Ethernet port, Intel 82567LM Gigabit NIC.

Windows XP, paging file size is 5302 MBytes, although that is probably not
critical.

Open AFS client version 1.7.1500.

This set of AFS client configuration parameters works reasonably well on my
system:

Key Name:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TransarcAFSDaemon\Param
eters
Class Name:        <NO CLASS>
Last Write Time:   7/5/2012 - 4:17 PM
Value 0