[OpenAFS] Re: Weird LAN/WAN login problem

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 25 Feb 2013 17:18:45 -0600

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 01:05:14 +0200 (EET)
jukka.tuominen@finndesign.fi wrote:

> >> Feb 25 20:42:37 host-name kernel: [  126.817136] afs: Lost contact
> >> with file server 192.168.125.5 in cell company.com (all multi-homed
> >> ip addresses down for the server)
>
> It is the local IP, which can be accessed from LAN. It is located in
> DMZ, which is translated to be COMPANY.COM (or like) from WAN.

The local IP for... the fileserver, I assume?

> I think we're getting there :) I included userA also for reference.
>
> LAN:
> userA@host-name:~$ vos listvldb user.userB

For future reference, I should have told you -noresolv can be helpful
here. But I think you already understand the output well enough for this
case, so no worries :)

> So, whereas userA is pointing to WAN address and can therefor be
> access from both LAN and WAN, userB is pointing to LAN address, and
> can only be accessed from LAN.
>
> That makes sense. But how do I fix it? It would be great to fix the
> userB account as is, but more important is to make the new accounts
> work out once created.

Run this:

vos listaddrs -noresolv -printuuid

I assume you want to obscure the public IPs in that, but if you do,
please do so in a way that I can still see if there are duplicate IPs in
there.

What version of OpenAFS is on the server?

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net