[OpenAFS] Re: Moving Magic Trio to another domain

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 2 Oct 2013 11:25:53 -0500

On Wed, 2 Oct 2013 14:32:00 +0300 (EEST)
"Jukka Tuominen" <jukka.tuominen@finndesign.fi> wrote:

> gdm-simple-slave[749]: WARNING: Failed to add user authorization: could
> not find user "username" on system
> **
> ERROR:gdm-simple-slave.c:397:start_session_timeout: assertion failed:
> (auth_file != NULL)
>
> The working client machine is much faster than the others, so it can
> be a timeout issue, but then again, I never had that issue in the
> old-domain setup. The rejection happens in just about 1-2 seconds.
>
> Any ideas what could be the cause and how to fix it?

Where is your passwd information? That is, your database of usernames
and uids and such. It just looks like one machine can resolve 'username'
to a uid, but on the other machine it cannot.

This doesn't seem to have much to do with openafs anymore.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net