[OpenAFS] Re: Pre-built packages: build options?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 9 Apr 2014 11:16:43 -0500

On Wed, 09 Apr 2014 10:47:39 -0400
Jeff Blaine <jblaine@kickflop.net> wrote:

> First, thank you very much for those who donate time and/or resources to
> provide builds of OpenAFS.
>
> How does one determine how these packages were built? What configure
> args? Are they all done with bare ./configure && make dest ?

Besides what is stored inside the package formats themselves (SRPMs),
I've never seen anywhere where we've recorded this. And yeah, that's
pretty annoying, even for me/us, because when I started building Solaris
packages I didn't know what options the old ones were built with (I had
to ask someone).

The Solaris binaries are currently built with effectively this:

PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/opt/SUNWspro/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/sfw/bin
export PATH
CC=/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc
export CC
./configure --enable-namei-fileserver --enable-debug \
            --enable-transarc-paths
make dest

In the 1.4 days there were more env vars and options and stuff set, I
think (mostly for krb5), but that's all it is now.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net