[OpenAFS] Re: client behind NAT firewall

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 5 Aug 2014 13:36:25 -0500

On Tue, 5 Aug 2014 15:39:48 +0000
Brandon Allbery <ballbery@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> > That only refreshes the vldb info; volume name -> id mappings and such.
> > That doesn't really help here.
>
> It specifically mitigates not getting callback breaks on volume
> release for read-only volumes. It does not help for read-write. I
> think I was clearer on this in my first draft of that response and
> lost it in rewriting.

Sorry, I was not aware, or had forgotten, that 'fs checkvolumes' clears
the stat cache for all RO files. But yes, it does indeed do that, so
that would work (though obviously not ideal).

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net