[OpenAFS] any experiences with OpenAFS client on the upcoming MacOS 10.10 (yosemite) release?

D Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Tue, 21 Oct 2014 14:22:05 -0400

--001a113dc3348deea50505f2e8dd

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Stephen Joyce <stephen@email.unc.edu>
wrote:

> Jeffrey,
>
> I'd like to learn more about this. However since you sell a proprietary
> fork of OpenAFS, it's difficult to discount your possible incentive to
> spread FUD regarding OpenAFS.
>
> Therefore can you provide URIs with specific information to educate me
> (and possibly others) regarding these contractual obligations related to
> binary signing?
>
> Thanks in advance!

What you are (should be, anyway) able to do without incurring liability is
between you and whatever lawyer is retained by whoever will cover your ass
if you get sued.
I have no idea what their URI is, and it would presumably be unique to you
and not the other posters anyway, at least at the moment.

However, I'll put out a suggestion that if you want to be involved in
handling this from an OpenAFS perspective, the Foundation is still
soliciting board members.

--
Daria

--001a113dc3348deea50505f2e8dd

te">On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Stephen Joyce <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<=
a href=3D"mailto:stephen@email.unc.edu" target=3D"_blank">stephen@email.unc=
rgin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Jeffrey,<br>
I&#39;d like to learn more about this. However since you sell a proprietary=
 fork of OpenAFS, it&#39;s difficult to discount your possible incentive to=
 spread FUD regarding OpenAFS.<br>
Therefore can you provide URIs with specific information to educate me (and=
 possibly others) regarding these contractual obligations related to binary=
 signing?<br>
 be, anyway) able to do without incurring liability is between you and what=
ever lawyer is retained by whoever will cover your ass if you get sued. <br=
>I have no idea what their URI is, and it would presumably be unique to you=
iv>However, I&#39;ll put out a suggestion that if you want to be involved i=