[OpenAFS] Does kadb_check work on linux?

Stephen Roseman sgr0@lehigh.edu
Mon, 18 May 2015 15:51:19 -0400

It's not important, but I thought I'd run kadb_check on a current
kaserver.DB0 (yes, I'm planning to switch to K5 before I retire...) and
it complains about bad entries, and the -entries switch returns "funny
stuff".

I've run it on various Centos 6 systems, with openafs 1.6.1 to 1.6.11,
pulling the file kaserver.DB0 from various places.  I generally compile
my own openafs, but I extracted a kadb_check binary from the release
1.6.11.1 rpm.  Always the same.

I copied kaserver.DB0 to an old AIX system, and its kadb_check works fine.

https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2010-April/033520.html
mentions "/2/ fix kadb_check to produce correct output.  Should match on
little and big-endian machines."

Should I just forget about the whole thing and go home?

Thanks,
Steve

--
Stephen Roseman