[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.6.20.1 on AIX 7.1

Pascal Salet pascal.salet@wu.ac.at
Mon, 6 Feb 2017 14:07:11 +0100

>> I would be very grateful for any advice on this matter.
>
> Pascal,
>
> To the best of my knowledge there has been no active development of
> OpenAFS on any AIX release since January 2015.  At that time the AIX 6
> build machine was removed from the build farm because the organization
> that provided it for many years could no longer afford to do so.
>
> It does not surprise me if over the last two years there has been
> drift between OpenAFS and AIX; especially a new major release of AIX.
>
> To answer your question, I am unaware of anyone that has installed
> OpenAFS on AIX 7.1.
>
> If you can provide more details on the failure, perhaps the community
> can assist?
>
> If the ability to use OpenAFS on AIX 7.1 is important to your
> institution, perhaps it would be willing to provide a build host for use
> by the developer community.
>
> Jeffrey Altman

Jeffrey,

thank you very much for clarifying this.

I will inquire if the university can provide a build-host with AIX7 on
our former PowerPC-server. This may or may not be feasible, according to
administrative policies or product licenses.

The options used are
##
./configure -with-afs-sysname=rs_aix61 --enable-tivoli-tsm \\
--enable-transarc-paths --disable-pam --includedir=/usr/include
##

After copying the binaries manually to /usr/afs/ and /usr/vice/etc/
according to
https://wiki.openafs.org/archive/HowToBuildOpenAFSFromSource/
and executing rc.afs, the server freezes and reboots.

Pascal