[OpenAFS] Help setting up openafs on debian bookworm

Michael Meffie mmeffie@sinenomine.net
Mon, 10 Jun 2024 09:12:06 -0400

On Thu, 6 Jun 2024 22:18:06 -0700
"Benjamin Kaduk" <kaduk@mit.edu> wrote:

> Ernesto,
>
> Thank you for sharing your notes on what was helpful, and I am glad you did
> get a working setup.  If you do end up writing up specific suggestions, we
> would be happy to see them.
>
> -Ben
>
> On Thu, Jun 06, 2024 at 10:40:56AM -0400, Ernesto Alfonso wrote:
> > I wanted to provide an update, I have finally been able to set up openafs.
> > Thanks for all on this thread who provided helpful advice.

To reiterate Ben, Well done Ernesto.  I am looking forward to seeing your
suggestions to improve the error messages, and any other suggestions.

I do believe we need to improve the documentation and process improve
the installation and setup experience.

Also, as an aside, the OpenAFS Ansible Collection is available on github
and Ansible Galaxy. It includes roles, modules, and example playbooks to
deploy and manage OpenAFS. Debian as well as a number of other platforms
are supported.

Best regards,
Mike