[Port-solaris] sol11 AFS syscall

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 23 Nov 2010 14:18:10 -0500

I think since around Solaris 8, the OpenAFS (and I assume IBM AFS)
client has been using syscall number 65 on Solaris. Apparently, the
recent Solaris 11 Express release has revoked that, since syscall 65 is
being used by unlinkat. This is made a little more annoying since we
have been using 65 for OpenSolaris, and Solaris 11 and OpenSolaris have
the same OpenAFS sysname and syscall number (though that can be changed,
of course).

But in any case, what should we be using going forward? If anyone on
this list could point me/us towards somewhere that would be useful in
(officially or unofficially) reserving a syscall number or us, or even
reclaiming 65 (if that's even possible), it would be helpful.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net