[Port-solaris] sol11 AFS syscall

Frank Batschulat frank.batschulat@oracle.com
Sat, 27 Nov 2010 20:07:15 +0100

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 20:02:21 +0100, Douglas E. Engert <deengert@anl.gov>
wrote:

> Being a large Solaris shop and running AFS (and now OpenAFS) on Solaris
> servers since 1992, I am very disappointed in this response from Oracle.
> If as other have pointed out that an unlinkat could be done by accident
> I would think the Oracle would look at this more closely, and do their
> customers a favor and reserve syscall 65 for OpenAFS.

thanks, that was of no help whatsoever in this technical discussion.

if you prefer it that way, I'd suggest opening a service call for your
contract once the next Solaris version has been released to seek
support on behalf of the OpenAFS project.

you may also consider funding a project for OpenAFS Solaris port
to rip out the syscall misuse and change it to use a driver's ioctl
which is the only offical way to achive the technical needs.