[Port-solaris] Re: sol11 AFS syscall

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Sat, 27 Nov 2010 16:23:34 -0500

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 13:02:21 -0600
"Douglas E. Engert" <deengert@anl.gov> wrote:

> If as other have pointed out that an unlinkat could be done by
> accident I would think the Oracle would look at this more closely, and
> do their customers a favor and reserve syscall 65 for OpenAFS.

To make myself clear, there is no question of whether unlinkat() is
called successfully in the situation I described; it is not theoretical.
If you run 'fs la' in Solaris 11 Express, the file gets deleted. That
_is_ what happens.

And this ceased being any kind of technical discussion as soon as we
found that out, since there is nothing technical the OpenAFS project can
do to fix it. It would probably be helpful if those with Oracle
contracts would open a discussion with Oracle about this through their
support contract, if they care about this issue.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net