[AFS3-std] Re: Standardization of the AFS3 protocol

ted creedon tcreedon@easystreet.com
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 08:04:35 -0800

The documentation could be done here, but it would be in LaTex.

There will be a new LaTex based release of the OpenAFS docs as soon as some
changes are created.

Tedc

-----Original Message-----
From: afs3-standardization-bounces@openafs.org
[mailto:afs3-standardization-bounces@openafs.org] On Behalf Of Jeffrey
Altman
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 7:31 AM
To: David Howells
Cc: Love; Ken Hornstein; afs3-standardization@openafs.org;
afs3-protocol@stacken.kth.se; Harald Barth
Subject: [AFS3-std] Re: Standardization of the AFS3 protocol

David Howells wrote:
> Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> wrote:
>
>> If we wanted to standardize AFS3 within IETF today we would have to
document
>> RX and all of the existing RPCs used by the various servers.
>
> Can Rx at least be fully documented? The documentation that's out there
does
> not appear to be complete.
>
> David

David:

There is no objections to documenting or even standardizing RX.  The
question is simply who would have the time and experience to do so.
Does Red Hat have the resources to do so?  Either by providing staff
to do the work or by providing funding so that someone can be hired
to do the work?

Jeffrey Altman