[AFS3-std] Standardization of GetCapabilties RPCs for AFS3 client and services

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Sat, 25 Feb 2006 19:24:22 -0500

On Friday, February 24, 2006 07:41:30 PM -0500 Derrick J Brashear
<shadow@dementia.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Feb 2006, Chaskiel M Grundman wrote:
>> Why is it a good idea to put client policy configuration in the server?
>>
> 3 words: imap magic plus

I fail to see how this is in any way relevant to Chaskiel's question.
Magic plus is not putting client policy configuration in the server.
I know of no IMAP client anywhere that changes its behavior based on
whether a server advertises support for magic plus, and it certainly wasn't
the intent that any clients ever would do so.  In fact, the nature of that
particular feature is such that it is most useful with clients that don't
even know it exists.