[AFS3-std] File Server/Cache Manager Extended Status Information

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Mon, 07 Apr 2008 10:45:29 -0400

--On Sunday, April 06, 2008 07:37:31 PM -0400 Jeffrey Altman
<jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> wrote:

> Matt Benjamin wrote:
>> (assuming they prove uncontroversial in this forum).
> I would expect any proposals submitted to this forum to initially be
> controversial in some respect.
>
> Not everyone is going to be initially in agreement on
>
>     * the problems
>     * the requirements
>     * the solutions
>     * the implementation details
>
> I would suggest submitting your proposal in the form of an IETF Internet
> Draft without the boilerplate.

I think that's a fine approach, but I also would suggest waiting for the
discussion to die down before doing anything.  Never assume you should make
a change in response to the first comment you get; that comment may turn
out to be wrong!