[AFS3-std] AFS Standardisation

David Boyes dboyes@sinenomine.net
Thu, 21 Aug 2008 16:11:08 -0400

> But in the AFS world, well, there AREN'T that many people.  You could
> fit all of the major players in my living room (I speak from
experience
> there).=20

I know. I bought lunch several days in a row for at least one
occurrence.
8-)

> Everyone pretty much knows each other.  Now of course we should
> develop new talent, but I don't see a HUGE influx of people arriving
> do OpenAFS work.  Including new people shouldn't be hard; there's
plenty
> of room for them.

Plenty of room, but not much in the way of telling them how the rules of
the game are carried out, and having to beard a guru to become
enlightened isn't a scalable thing either.=20

> And I think the TECHNICAL output of any process-derived document
> would be equal to anything generated by a hypothetical "Steel Cage
> Match" :-)

Very likely, modulo bus errors, as someone else pointed out.=20