[AFS3-std] AFS Standardization Proposal

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Thu, 24 Jul 2008 22:39:12 -0400

------=_Part_152899_28006289.1216953552050

>  Given the chairs don't have anyone above them
>> (remember, we're by design not part of the OpenAFS Foundation for
>> management purposes), it's hard to see where an appeal against abuse that
>> power would go
>>

> I think I was proposing that process appeals (but not technical ones) go to
> the foundation board, if it is willing to take on that role.  I think that
> strikes an acceptable balance between independence and not having a rogue
> chair or vote-taker be able to sieze power.

I can come up with a way to game the process, not foolproof, but if whoever
will serve that role in the foundation can arrange an outside objector to
appeal it certainly has some risk for the legitimacy of the process.

------=_Part_152899_28006289.1216953552050

Given the chairs don&#39;t have anyone above them<br>
(remember, we&#39;re by design not part of the OpenAFS Foundation for<br>
management purposes), it&#39;s hard to see where an appeal against abuse that<br>
power would go<br>
I think I was proposing that process appeals (but not technical ones) go to the foundation board, if it is willing to take on that role. &nbsp;I think that strikes an acceptable balance between independence and not having a rogue chair or vote-taker be able to sieze power.<div class="Ih2E3d">

------=_Part_152899_28006289.1216953552050--