[AFS3-std] extended callback cancellation, please discuss

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Tue, 06 May 2008 15:25:12 -0400

--On Tuesday, May 06, 2008 02:04:52 PM -0400 Matt Benjamin
<matt@linuxbox.com> wrote:

> My current draft has a bunch of motivation for doing all this in the
> first place, but if it's not viewed as important (perhaps because
> there's consensus there),

Motivation is a suitable topic for such a document.  Further, if there is
consensus on something, removing it for that reason sort of misses the
point.

> I have been trying to get point feedback so what is proposed in the
> draft reflects intuitions of people I know have ideas and usually share
> them--not short circuit the opportunity for others to comment.

That's fine, but bear in mind that more frequent drafts often promote
discussion more effectively than trying to get everything right in the
first draft.  I've seen IETF documents go through dozens of drafts before
being done.  Of course, those generally have more contributors than I think
we have here.

-- Jeff