[AFS3-std] updated extended callback draft

Steve Simmons scs@umich.edu
Wed, 19 Nov 2008 17:14:29 -0500

On Oct 28, 2008, at 2:09 PM, Derrick Brashear wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Steven Jenkins
> <steven.jenkins@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 2:15 PM, Matt Benjamin <matt@linuxbox.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Nb., recent reviewers, I've left the names of
>>> AFSCB_Cancel_LostMyMind
>>> and AFSCB_Cancel_IHateYou as previously defined, by request of the
>>> author.
>>>

>> I suggest that we change those two names as follows:
>>
>> AFSCB_Cancel_LostMyMind to AFSCB_Cancel_OutOfCallbacks
>> AFSCB_Cancel_IHateYou to AFSCB_Cancel_RevokedByAdmin
>
> I disagree. The names accurately and adequately display intent and are
> never visible to users anyway, only
> to implementors.

I can think of a lot of circumstances where I or the AFS software
might hate myself or lost my mind. Cancel_RevokedByAdmin and
Cancel_OutOfCallbacks are a helluva lot more informative.

Yours for joke spoilage,

Steve