[AFS3-std] Re: RxOSD claim on 2 structure members

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 15 Jun 2009 10:41:43 -0500

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 20:44:13 +0100
Simon Wilkinson <simon@sxw.org.uk> wrote:

> I would like to propose the following (which is similar to what
> Jeffrey has already stated, but with some timescales)
>
> *) Authors of protocol enhancements or changes which affect existing
> RPCs should send rough descriptions of those enhancements to this
> list, including a list of affected RPCs. This should include details
> of client and server behaviour if the new RPCs are implemented
> before the necessary backend features are available on the client or
> server. People wishing to be considered for this round of
> modifications should aim to make these proposals within the next
> month.
>
> *) From this a list of those RPCs which we intend on revising will
> be published, with a final request for those wishing to amend those
> RPCs to comment. Following this a detailed specification of each of
> the new RPCs will be produced. This process would ideally be complete
> by the end of August.
>
> *) We aim to reach consensus by the end of September, allowing the
> new RPCs to be implemented by developers from that point on.
>
> *) There is a moratorium on further changes to RPCs which we have
> revised for at least one calendar year, unless exceptional grounds
> are presented to the standardisation group (and "Sorry, I missed the
> deadline for inclusion" is not exceptional)
>
> Comments?

I have no objections. I've also seen from others some approval, and no
disapproval, though it's only been a few days. Can I assume yet that
we're in agreement enough to start the first bullet point going? Should
protocol change authors start submitting enhancements?

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net