[AFS3-std] Snapshot Identifiers

Hartmut Reuter reuter@rzg.mpg.de
Mon, 22 Jun 2009 10:29:46 +0200

With these giant numbers of snapshots I see some other problems:

If there should coexist multiple snapshots in the same partition
belonging to the same volume group the present design of the linktable
of the NAMEI-fileserver will break because it allows only a limited
number of versions (5) and a limited value for the link count (7) per
version of a vnode number's data.

Also if the volume id should become 64 bit certainly the NAMEI mapping
algorithm of volume ids to directory trees would have to change.
This change would not only affect the fileserver, volserver and
salvager, but also rxosd.

Hartmut