[AFS3-std] Per-file ACLs - a few items for discussion

Marc Dionne marc.c.dionne@gmail.com
Sat, 27 Jun 2009 08:44:27 -0400

On 06/26/2009 09:03 AM, Matt W. Benjamin wrote:
>> 5. "DFS" mode
>> Testing has been done with current OpenAFS clients, and some mechanisms
>> are proposed to ensure that they work correctly as-is.  For instance,
>> the VLF_DFSFILESET is set in the VLDB to work around some assumptions
>> made by the current OpenAFS client code.  Clients therefore treat the
>> volume as a DFS fileset, and some DFS specific RPCs need to be
>> implemented on the server side.
>
> This is new to me.  Can you elaborate on the RPCs?

Hi Matt, thanks for the comments.

More specifically, OpenAFS unix clients that see the VLF_DFSFILESET flag
will issue AFS_Lookup and DFSSymlinks RPCs.  These are currently defined
in the file server source, but are just 1-line stubs that do nothing but
return EINVAL.

Marc