[AFS3-std] Per-file ACLs - a few items for discussion

Simon Wilkinson simon@sxw.org.uk
Sat, 27 Jun 2009 19:28:25 +0100

On 27 Jun 2009, at 18:39, Marc Dionne wrote:

> First off I believe that clients determine the access rights based
> on the CallerAccess and AnonymousAccess fields in the FetchStatus
> structure, not on the actual ACL returned from FetchACL.

Are we really shipping clients which go and find the parent vnode, and
use that to determine access, rather than just using what they're told
by FetchStatus?

And does _anything_ actually use the results of FetchACL to control
cache access on the client?

S.