[AFS3-std] Call for Comments on Extended Callbacks

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Wed, 23 Sep 2009 12:03:03 -0400

--On Wednesday, September 23, 2009 04:58:46 PM +0100 Simon Wilkinson
<sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 23 Sep 2009, at 16:48, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
>
>> Among the reasons for using the internet-drafts repository, rather
>> than just passing around documents that are sort of formatted like
>> an I-D, are that the former provides a known place to look for
>> documents and an unambiguous name for each version of each
>> document.  This makes it easy to find and review documents, to
>> reference review comments to a particular version, and to tell what
>> changed from one version to the next (no, I do not believe in change
>> log sections; when I re-review a document, I perform my own diffs).
>
> See Matt's previous message to this list, which contained an I-D
> formatted document.

I've seen no such message.  I bet if I look at the moderation queue for
this list, I'll find it's been held up because it's too big.  In the
interest of not gumming up the works, I'll approve it, but only this once.
The proper way to distribute such files is via a respoitory established for
that purpose or, lacking that, your own server.  It doesn't belong in the
mailboxes of everyone subscribed to this list.

-- Jeff