[AFS3-std] Re: Revised PTS authentication name mapping draft, call for review

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Mon, 30 Aug 2010 16:05:22 -0400

--On Monday, August 30, 2010 03:54:09 PM +0100 Simon Wilkinson
<simon@sxw.org.uk> wrote:

> On 28 Aug 2010, at 22:53, Derrick Brashear wrote:
>
>> I have again revised this draft based on feedback, and -04 is
>> available.
>>
>> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-brashear-afs3-pts-extended-names/
>
> I'm happy with the proposed mechanism for handling Kerberos v5 names in
> this version of the document.

As am I.

I believe doing this calls for deleting section 10.2 and the registry entry
for PRAUTHTYPE_KRB5.  I also believe it is worth adding to section 10.4.2 a
sentence or two about how non-GSS-API implementations can perform the
conversion by prefixing a fixed octet string and a 32-bit length (see my