[AFS3-std] Re: Revised PTS authentication name mapping draft, call for review

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Mon, 30 Aug 2010 17:55:33 -0400

--On Monday, August 30, 2010 04:50:13 PM -0400 Derrick Brashear=20
<shadow@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> wrote:
>> --On Monday, August 30, 2010 03:54:09 PM +0100 Simon Wilkinson
>> <simon@sxw.org.uk> wrote:

>>> I'm happy with the proposed mechanism for handling Kerberos v5 names in
>>> this version of the document.
>>
>> As am I.
>>
>> I believe doing this calls for deleting section 10.2 and the registry
>> entry for PRAUTHTYPE_KRB5. =C2=A0I also believe it is worth adding to
>> section 10.4.2 a sentence or two about how non-GSS-API implementations
>> can perform the conversion by prefixing a fixed octet string and a
>> 32-bit length (see my previous message).
>
> Ok. -05 will follow shortly, then.

Looks good.  Note that your reference to RFC1510 is stale; it should be to=20
RFC4120.  I'm not sure why I didn't catch this before.  If you use this=20
link instead:

<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-brashear-afs3-pts-extended-names-05>

it is easier to see version history, diff to previous version, and run the=20
current version through the id-nits tool, which reports various formatting=20
and other mechanical problems, including the stale reference.