[AFS3-std] First order of Business - AFS Standardization Process

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Mon, 06 Dec 2010 14:45:57 -0600

Now that we have two chairs for the AFS Standardization process,
and have a request to review one of the documents, I would like us to
review the document that defined the bootstrap process and the election:

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-wilkinson-afs3-standardisation-00.txt
(Expires December 17)

Section 3 says:
    A document describing the standardisation process would be the first
    task for the resulting group and would be used to pilot the entire
    document publishing process.

I propose that a draft 01 of this document could satisfy the above
requirement, as Sections 2.3.3 covers the Document State and Series.

I propose that we ask Simon to submit draft 01 before draft 00 expires.
At that point we can proceed to move it to standard as our first
document.

Section 2.3.3 also states it needs to be confirmed that the RFC editors
are happy with this process, and submitting this document as
an individual document to the RFC editors would confirm that they are happy.

Speaking for myself, not as a co-chair, feel changes should include:

That we have now bootstrapped the process and have elected 2 chairs.

Section 2.3.1 calls for the chairs to have a web page. We have a mail list,
but no web page that I can see. Who should host the page? The registrar
at grand.central.org?

Should the URL for the page be listed in the document?

Section 2.3.1.1 refers to BCP 78 section 4. But the BCP 78 changes from
time to time http://www.apps.ietf.org/rfc/bcplist.html
and I am assuming it is referring to RFC 3978, Section 4, "Rights in RFC
Editor Contributions" But the next BCP 78 is RCF 5378, and Section 4 is
"Non-IETF Documents"

So should the RFC 3978 be listed in the references, and in section 2.3.1.1?
rather then "Section 4 of BCP 78"?

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory