[AFS3-std] is the CellServDB file format a standard?

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Tue, 14 Dec 2010 11:29:53 +0100 (CET)

> I think I agree with Derrick that in principle, the local
> representation of cell configuration data is
> implementation-specific. However, as maintainer of a
> widely-distributed cell-configuration database, I would like to see
> implementations support a single, common interchange format for this
> data, so that I can publish a database which is usable across
> implementations and versions. This suggests a need for a
> standardized, extensible format.

This reminds me very much of DNS. As we probably want to be able to
serve most of (if not all) of the cell config from DNS anyway, why not
stick to the DNS record format which has a standardized file format?

Harald.