[AFS3-std] AFSVol Tag-Length-Value extensions I-D

Matt W. Benjamin matt@linuxbox.com
Fri, 17 Dec 2010 23:15:52 -0500 (EST)

Hi Tom,

I've read the tag-length-value draft specification multiple times quickly, =
and once carefully.  Though I'm not expert in volser, the proposed protocol=
 seems very coherent and reasonable.

Though it's a nit, I find some of the long token constants (e.g., "VOLSERTA=
GUNSUPPORTEDENCODING") hard to read.  It might be nice to break up the toke=
n namespace with understores (e.g., "VOLSER_TAG_UNSUPPORTED_ENCODING"), if =
the token length exceeds some minumum (14 characters seems plausible)?  Thi=
s is already done for most token namespaces in the draft.

I wondered also if the tag cache coherence ambiguity could be helped throug=
h the use of some type of data version or serialization token in relevant c=
alls?

Matt

zation

--=20