[AFS3-std] Re: A call for consensus on draft-brashear-afs3-pts-extended-names-07

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Mon, 20 Dec 2010 10:45:06 -0600

The co-chairs have agreed that "implicit mapping" should be explained better
and that after that we could declare the consensus. The discussion about wild
characters seems to show that there are too many open questions to include
it here. It also is more a question of the implementation because on the wire
it would not require different RPCs.

So we need the text for the explanation. I would like to see Derrick as
author, work with Jeff and Andrew (and anyone else with input) to come up with
the explanation and send to the list for review.

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory