[AFS3-std] RPC refresh updates?

Christof Hanke christof.hanke@rzg.mpg.de
Mon, 1 Feb 2010 17:07:03 +0100

Hi Simon,

Am Montag, 1. Februar 2010 16:29:20 schrieb Simon Wilkinson:
> intend on making in the notes from that Hackathon.
>
> I'm supposed to be producing a draft which contains new RPC
> descriptions by merging the results of all of these changes. I have
> text from Jeff and Derrick, but I'm still waiting on details of the
> rxosd changes from Christof. Sadly work has got in the way of me
> driving this forwards as much as I would have liked.
Sorry about that, I  forgot about this....
I'm not sure how this correlates to Tom's TLV RFC.
As you remeber, we just wanted to introduce at this stage some more "quota"-
fields for the number of files. Then this topic became more and more generic
and ended up in Tom Keiser's RFC.  (Thanks for that, I'll post you the two
fields we need for that soon, Tom)
Sadly, the same quota-fields are required for the fileserver  in ( struct
VolumeStatus  and two others) as well, where we have no TLV-RFC yet.
I am correct in assuming that  we'll have a non-TLV change to volserver and
fileserver and deal with the TLVs later ?

Cheers,

Christof