[AFS3-std] AFSVol tag-length-value extensions draft (second call for comments)

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Wed, 17 Feb 2010 10:38:43 -0500

With regard to  section 6.1., Mapped volume states, right now there
are states with potentially overlapping while still partly-disjoint
meaning. I'd rather see 2 sets of state, one for online versus
offline, and a second set (possibly modal or a union; i don't actually
care, I think) which is why.

e.g. a volume is either online or offline, and if it's offline, it's
(error, administratively, just not attached yet, whatever) and if it's
online it's (available, busy, io busy, whatever)

With regard to section 6.2, I'd rather not see port numbers hardcoded
in this document (7000, 7005); I'd prefer only the service id.
Incidentally, the fileserver is id 1, not 0:
    tservice = rx_NewServiceHost(rx_bindhost,  /* port */ 0, /* service id */
                                 1,     /*service name */
                                 "AFS",
                                 securityClasses, numClasses,
                                 RXAFS_ExecuteRequest);

At this point I have no other review comments, though I intend to reread.

Derrick