[AFS3-std] Re: [OpenAFS-devel] Re: Methods of Restricting AFS3 ACL rights (delegation in AFS)

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sun, 17 Jan 2010 22:52:12 -0800

Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:

>> Please note that in order to address the use case that we (Stanford)
>> have for this feature, limiting volume policy changes to a single
>> cell-wide list is exactly what we need.

> To be clear, are you specifically saying an entirely new cell-wide list,
> or is overloading (again) one of the existing lists acceptable in your
> case?

Overloading system:administrators or UserList is fine here.  If we need to
delegate setting volume ACL policy, we already have tools to do that.