[AFS3-std] Consensus Call - AFS3-Standardization Charter

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Thu, 8 Jul 2010 11:07:20 -0400

> Here's the important bit again:
>
> Please take the time to review draft-wilkinson-afs3-standardization-00.txt.
> Send your questions and comments to <afs3-standardization@openafs.org>.
> Please comment even if it's just to say "I support this" or "I oppose this".
> Please send your comments in by Wednesday, July 21, 2010.

I support this. In particular, if the various AFS implementations are
to gain wider traction, notably if any vendor is ever to take an
interest in directly providing an implementation, I feel that
formalizing a procedure for extension and definition of what AFS "is",
is if not necessary at least highly desirable, and this provides a
suitable vessel for doing so.

Derrick
speaking as some guy off the street