[AFS3-std] Consensus Call - AFS3-Standardization Charter

Tom Keiser tkeiser@sinenomine.net
Thu, 8 Jul 2010 22:37:50 -0400

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> wrote:
> Here's the important bit again:
>
> Please take the time to review draft-wilkinson-afs3-standardization-00.txt.
> Send your questions and comments to <afs3-standardization@openafs.org>.
> Please comment even if it's just to say "I support this" or "I oppose this".
> Please send your comments in by Wednesday, July 21, 2010.

I support moving forward with this proposal, modulo one nit-pick: I
think section 2.3.1.1 needs to be updated*, as it: 1) prescribes
obsoleted 3978 boilerplate; and 2) references section 4 of bcp 78,
which contains a completely different, albeit apropos, topic in 5378.

Cheers,

-Tom

*while I think 2.3.1.1 needs to be updated, I don't want this request
to in any manner impede the election process--this is merely a
technicality which needs to be resolved before we can bring the draft
publication process into full compliance with the afs3-stds bylaws.
I'd also suggest that we add normative references to BCPs 78 and 79,
and perhaps either a reference to the current version of the TLP, or a
pointer to the IETF Trust's TLP webpage...