[AFS3-std] Consensus Call - AFS3-Standardization Charter

Simon Wilkinson simon@sxw.org.uk
Tue, 13 Jul 2010 22:23:34 +0100

On 13 Jul 2010, at 22:05, Marcus Watts wrote:

> 3. The copyright thing seems overly onerous.  It also seems largely
>   derived from section 5 of BCP 78.  Except for E, which seems to
>   be unique to this document.  Can this really be an invitation to
>   document features with i386 machine language?  Regardless, I think
>   this is overly prescriptive.

We did this to death in July 2008. Essentially, our hands are slightly =
tied by our desire to use the Independent Submissions process for our =
document series. Essentially, that requires that we use a defined =
copyright boiler plate, although it permits us to add additional =
clauses. Russ raised the issue that AFS standards documents should be =
freely redistributable which clause E), which came from Jeffrey H, aims =
to resolve. If you're interested in more of the background, I'd advise =
reading the list archives from that month.

Cheers,

Simon.