[AFS3-std] Revised PTS authentication name mapping draft, call for review

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Fri, 18 Jun 2010 13:49:53 -0400

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 1:37 PM, Simon Wilkinson <simon@sxw.org.uk> wrote:

> On 20 Apr 2010, at 22:27, Derrick Brashear wrote:
>
>> As before, I've written up a draft based on the 2004 Stockholm AFSig hac=
kathon
>> discussion of the PTS alternate authentication names proposal, as
>> modified based on further feedback and the 2009 Edinburgh Hackathon.
>> Comments welcome and encouraged.
>
> I've finally had a chance to review this. I've split my comments into one=
s of substance, and ones of style.

> Substance:
>
>> 10.4. =A0Authentication Name Type Rewriting
>
> I'm still uneasy about requiring the rewriting of GSSAPI obtained Kerbero=
s names to use the Kerberos name type. If we believe that GSSAPI is the fut=
ure, then I would prefer that we use the GSSAPI exported name for
> all GSSAPI mechanisms, rather than special casing Kerberos.

I'll fix the style nits (and one other, "which which")

Other commenters have come down on the side of the above as-is. I am
not wed to it. I would be happy to accommodate this as I feel simply
using GSSAPI export names globally would be more consistent.

Derrick

--=20
Derrick