backlog: was: [AFS3-std] chairs?

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:50:16 -0600

If we are to move on and have chairs, without the third vote counter
we should call for a vote of consensus, on moving on. I was hopping the
2 vote counters would have done this, but they have only expressed their
personal options.

So far I have heard two options:

  (1) Move on with the two chairs, Hartmut and myself

  (2) Hold a new election. (I think this was expressed in frustration.)

No one has expressed an option that there was any problem with the vote count,
and the third vote count has been silent.

So I move, that without objection from the two vote counters who should have the
final say in the mater, that we have a 1 week call for consensus that the election
results are adopted.

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory