[AFS3-std] chairs?

Kim Kimball dhk@ccre.com
Mon, 15 Nov 2010 11:09:59 -0700

I'm confused.

If we have rules for ourselves, we should follow them.

If we don't need them, we shouldn't have them.

If they're in the way, which they are, they should either be corrected
or abandoned.

If there's a call for "is the election legit," I'm personally fine with
it and have been.

I'm not fine with establishing rules and then discarding them,
regardless of whether we're an organisation, a small group, a gaggle,
murder, herd, or flock.

The impression I get is that a few people are going to ratify the
election because they want to.  Is this also how standards are going to
be determined?  If so, I'm certainly not going to waste any time or
effort participating, and that's what I mean by credibility.

Kim