[AFS3-std] Declare victory and move on?

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:40:33 -0400

--On Tuesday, October 19, 2010 12:32:15 PM -0500 David Boyes
<dboyes@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> Define "soon". Hate to say it, but haven't we waited long enough? Is the
> outcome seriously in doubt that we require the full formalism to move
> forward?

[off-list]

I said "later this week".

And yes, since this is the first time around, it is my personal preference
to wait and make sure everything is in order, even if it takes a bit
longer.  The entire basis for this process is the apparent consensus on
Simon's document; it seems best to deviate as little as possible with
regard to bootstrapping.  At the moment, we have a choice between the
chairs taking office later than prescribed or doing so without the
confirmation of the third vote-taker.

Fortunately, "we" don't really have the choice, in that it's not up to you
or I.  Assuming David find some discrepancy, the new chairs know who they
are, and nothing's stopping them from acting whenever and (more or less)
however they feel is appropriate.

-- Jeff