[AFS3-std] Declare victory and move on?

David Boyes dboyes@sinenomine.net
Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:06:15 -0500

On 10/19/10 1:40 PM, "Jeff Hutzelman" <jhutz@cmu.edu> wrote:

> And yes, since this is the first time around, it is my personal preferenc=
> to wait and make sure everything is in order, even if it takes a bit
> longer.  The entire basis for this process is the apparent consensus on
> Simon's document; it seems best to deviate as little as possible with
> regard to bootstrapping.

If there were fewer requests and documents pending, I would tend to agree
with you. As the entire standardization process has been at a standstill fo=
an extended period (both in terms of processing documents, and getting the
vote "approved") and there is a large backlog of things that need to be
done, I think it's time to get on with it.

The point of my note was to poll for consensus that we're all happy with th=
result and we can go forward without further ado.

> Fortunately, "we" don't really have the choice, in that it's not up to yo=
> or I.=20

See above call for consensus.=20