[AFS3-std] Members or Potential Members of the afs3-standardization group

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Sat, 23 Oct 2010 17:54:46 -0400

--On Friday, October 22, 2010 07:46:26 PM -0400 Jason Edgecombe
<jason@rampaginggeek.com> wrote:

> On 10/22/2010 10:10 AM, Douglas E. Engert wrote:
>> As the almost elected co-chairs of the afs3-standardization group,
>> Hartmut Reuter
>> and myself have been communicating while waiting for the vote counting
>> to be completed.
>>
>> As this process is meant to be open to all, we agreed that the first
>> step it to make
>> sure all interested parties are at least aware of this group and have
>> been invited
>> to participate. As such we would like to ask the current members on
>> this mailing list
>> to help identify any other developers, vendors, or other interested
>> parties that may
>> not be on the mailing list.
>>
>> This would include representation for implementations OpenAFS, Arla
>> and IBM. Are
>> there others?
>>
>> What about other vendors, that may be become interested in the future
>> for example
>> Microsoft, Apple, RedHat, BSD, HP, Sun/Oracle?
>>
>> Any related products like DCE/DFS or NAS?

>> ization
>>
>> shows we have 81+5 members. OpenAFS and Arla are well represented. We
>> have 2 from
>> IBM.
>>
>> We would like to ask member of this list to look over the list and
>> identify
>> who is on the list, and who is not on the list (individuals or
>> organizations) but
>> should be. At that point the co-chairs (on members) could advertise
>> and invite
>> others to join the group.
>>
> Should kAFS be included? Since this was a summer project, I'm not sure
> who is maintaining this going forward.

kafs was not a "summer project"; it's been part of the Linux kernel for
some time, and is maintained primarily by David Howells, who I'm sure is
aware of this list, since he is a registrar.  As I understand it, Wang
Lei's GSoC projects were related to developing a common user/kernel pioctl
interface for kafs and OpenAFS and to adding kernel AFSDB support to kafs.

-- Jeff