[AFS3-std] Re: AFS3 Standardization and Independent Submissions - response from ISE

Mon, 25 Apr 2011 12:07:12 -0400

--------------enig4F561FD767C3F92C006BE7E9

On 4/25/2011 10:53 AM, Douglas E. Engert wrote:
> Yes this is part of the discussion I was looking for.
>=20
> As Nevil may not be aware of some of these discussions, or the internal=

> issues
> with AFS, he proposed:
>=20
>  "Overall, it does seem that it could be worth your swapping email with=

>  the Apps Area Directors (Pete Resnick and Peter Saint-Andre) about
>  getting a WG going.".
>=20
> But it sounds like in 2008 this was done, Jeff Altman says:
>  "The IETF is not interested in another file system to standardize."
> and:
>  "Discussions were held with members of the IESG during the Spring 2008=

>   IESG Retreat. The outcome of those discussions was the suggestion tha=
> the
>   OpenAFS Foundation make use of the RFC Editor's independent submissio=
> process
>   as a forum for publishing future AFS standards."
>=20
> Were there any notes published on this discussion?
> I would like to point at these to send to to the ISE if there exist.
> If not who was present at this discussion?

I do not know if the IESG maintains minutes of their retreats.  The
discussion was led by Lisa Dusseault who at the time was an Application
Area Director.

Jeffrey Altman